A page with a focus on urban growth and decline as an issue in Australian environments with supporting activities and links to resources. Central to the resource is a case study of urban change in Pyrmont in Sydney.
The purpose of this laptop wrap is to get students to investigate issues around urban growth and decline in Australia and the planning and decision-making processes around urban planning.
This resource is designed for use with: the Changing Places - Stage 5 content from the NSW Geography K-10 syllabus and the Urban Places topic from the Geography Stage 6 syllabus.
Stage 6 outcomes:
- H1 explains the changing nature, spatial patterns and interaction of ecosystems, urban places and economic activity
- H3 analyses contemporary urban dynamics and applies them in specific contexts
- H5 evaluates environmental management strategies in terms of ecological sustainability
- H6 evaluates the impacts of, and responses of people to, environmental change
- H12 explains geographical patterns, processes and future trends through appropriate case studies and illustrative examples
- H13 communicates complex geographical information, ideas and issues effectively, using appropriate written and/or oral, cartographic and graphic forms.